Would you like an opportunity to work with a company who rewards you for making a positive difference in clients’ lives?
We are currently looking for caring, compassionate, dependable and skilled individuals to provide in-home care to older adults and adults with disabilities. Daily activities typically include:
- Meal preparation
- Activities of daily living
- Light housekeeping
- Shopping assistance
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (aged care, home & community care, disability)
- National Police Certificate
- Working with Vulnerable Person’s Card (or equivalent)
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR
The Benefits of working with Senior Helpers
If you’re warm, enthusiastic, positive and compassionate and enjoy working with seniors or adults with disabilities, then Senior Helpers could be perfect for you.
We offer Award wages and a rewarding environment where your employer values the work you do. You’ll get:
- Flexible schedules: We offer day, evening, night, weekend and live-in (24 hour) assignments.
- One-on-one Care: each of our staff work with just one client at a time. That way you can get to know your client and build a genuine relationship.
- Ongoing Staff Development: You will have access to courses and programs to review and build your skills but also develop new knowledge and skills for specific clients.
We offer employees education and training in our unique Senior Gems® training program. This program uses the Positive Approach to care for clients who have developed dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease. We focus on what clients can do rather than on what they can no longer do.
The program was developed in collaboration between senior Helpers and world renown dementia expert and OT, Teepa snow. Teepa has over 30 years’ professional practice with clients and their families who are affected by this condition. Her unique approach assists our staff to use new skills to work with and communicate with clients to change resistance into participation.